Alexa Grasso won’t be competing later this month.
The UFC women’s flyweight contender has been pulled from UFC 270 following the withdrawal of her opponent, Viviane Araujo, a person with knowledge of the change told MMA Junkie on Saturday. UFC 270 takes place Jan. 22 at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.
Brazil’s Araujo (10-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) pulled out earlier this week due to injury, which first was reported by ESPN Deportes. It’s unknown if the UFC intends to keep the matchup and reschedule for a future date or if Grasso (13-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) will get a new opponent on an upcoming card.
Grasso most recently fought in February 2021 and outpointed Maycee Barber in a unanimous decision at UFC 258. She was scheduled to return in November against Joanne Calderwood, but an injury halted her return. Grasso is on a two-fight winning streak since moving up to the flyweight division in 2020.
Below is the updated line up for UFC 270:
- Francis Ngannou vs. Ciryl Gane
- Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
- Movsar Evloev vs. Ilia Topuria
- Greg Hardy vs. Aleksei Oleinik
Preliminary ESPN, ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET Edit Delete
- Trevin Giles vs. Michael Morales
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Cody Stamann
- Tony Gravely vs. Saimon Oliveira
- Poliana Botelho vs. Ji Yeon Kim
Preliminary ESPN+, 6:15 p.m. ET Edit Delete
- Jack Della Maddalena vs. opponent TBA
- Kay Hansen vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius
- Matt Frevola vs. Genaro Valdez
- Wellington Turman vs. Rodolfo Vieira
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Victor Henry